Tuesday, October 29, 2013

unfair

There was some wickedness in the cities and God wasn't too happy with it, so He decided to destroy them. But Abraham, a righteous man, argued that there were righteous people living in those cities and tried to bargain with God. Lot was Abraham's nephew and when the two angels arrived at Lot's house, he fed them and took care of them. But the city was still wicked, so all of the men there surrounded his house and told Lot that they wanted to have sex with his two visitors. Instead, Lot offered up his two virgin daughters. The rioters kept pursuing, but the angels took care of them and hurried Lot's family to another village, warning them to not look back. However, Lot's wife did look back and turned into a pillar of salt.

Okay, another story that I heard as a child...but not the whole thing. I had only heard of Lot's wife turning back and turning into salt; never as a child had I heard the whole back story, which was probably for the better. 

One of the bad unfair punishments in my house is that my dad hates listening to arguing. But he takes that to mean that any conversation where two people have differing opinions is an argument. I, being someone who doesn't care to share my disagreeing opinion, get a little fed up when I automatically get in trouble for explaining my thoughts. I know this can sound a little juvenile, but I just want to say what I want to say! I'm not even being rude, I'm sharing my thoughts in an intellectual way. Oh well, life's just unfair sometimes.





No comments:

Post a Comment