Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Daphne and the Laurel Wreath

Daphne was a beautiful woman that would rather spend her time hunting than pursuing men. As a result many men fell in love with her. One day Eros was mad at Apollo because he doubted the power of his arrows. As punishment Eros shot Apollo with an arrow that made him fall in love with Daphne. Apollo tried to talk to Daphne but she ran. He chased her and when he was close to catching her she prayed to her father and she turned into a laurel tree. Apollo was still in love with Daphne so he wore a laurel wreath on his head and now the laurel wreath is a symbol of Apollo.

I don't really like the idea of eternal youth. I'm not sure that I would like it if all of my friends grew up and looked older than me while I looked 17 forever. I also wouldn't like it when everyone that I knew died and I was left lonely. I think I would rather grow old and get all wrinkly.
 
This is kind of backwards but funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment