Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Tower of Babel

Mankind had gotten pretty advanced post flood in the old testament. So advanced that they thought themselves worthy of building a tower that will reach heaven and God himself. But man failed to realize that he wasn't worthy of reaching heaven on his own: he was a bit prideful to try and reach God by his own means. So God famously created different languages amongst the builders so that they couldn't finish the tower. But honestly, how hard could prehistoric building be hard enough that you need a lot of language skills to get the job done? Wouldn't move stone here suffice? If I could expand my language skills I think I would like to finish work on my Spanish. I'm in AP but constantly struggle and honestly I don't think I will fully master the language. But at least I know the basics, and should the unlikely scenario come where I need it later in life to get by, I think I could brush up if necessary. This tower however looks extremely intricate and complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment