Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm glad there were sloths on the ark

The story of Noah and the Ark goes a little bit like this: The world was made up of nonbelievers and the wicked, so much so that God decided to start over with a flood. He found one man, Noah, and commanded him to build a great ark for his family and two of each type of animal. In the ark, they would be able to survive the deluge. Noah was told to allow anyone who believed the story to come aboard the ark and be saved, but no one believed him and he was mocked. But after years of building, the ark was finally finished and God made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights, killing everybody, including the innocent animals involved. When the storm finally subsided, God put a rainbow in the sky and promised to never destroy the whole earth again. 


The most fascinating animal to me has always been the sloth. Yes, I actually find this very slow creature to be interesting; and no, I haven't just recently gained interest in the sloth, seeing how it has always been a favorite animal of mine, even before everyone started posting internet memes of it.

The sloth, first of all, is absolutely adorable. I mean, wouldn't you just be totally down to cuddle up with a sloth in Central America one day? They also have the cutest, most innocent-looking faces, and while its cuteness is a huge factor in why I like the sloth so much, there's definitely more to it.

They're so odd! There are multiple types of sloths around the world, some with two toes, some with three, and there used to be ground sloths, but now they're all extinct (I read that with a rhyming pattern...must be the poetry). They've also been around for a reallllllllllllllllly long time, I'm talking 60 million years. 

By far, my favorite thing about the sloth is how darn slow it is. Its average speed is only 6.5 feet per minute! So, since Trevor Kennedy is 6 feet, 6 inches, it would take a sloth one whole minute to climb up Trevor. We should actually consider trying this??? Yes? Field trip to Central America? I see a worthy cause...

Anyway, I'm sure I've started to bore you all with my rambling on the sloth, so here are some pictures of sloths so you can love them (almost) as much as i do!
Just look at his/her facial expression!

No comments:

Post a Comment