Monday, October 14, 2013

Tower of Babel

All the humans lived together in one place called Shinar and spoke the same language. They decided to come together and build a tower that rose to the heavens, and they did. When God came down to see this creation, He saw they were one and were capable of working together. I guess he didn't like that everyone was getting along, so he made things difficult and scattered them across the globe and gave them different languages so they couldn't be one. Not cool, God. But languages are cool.

I've found out through school that I love learning languages. I'm in AP Spanish now and am very proud of how much I have learned and can understand. I use my Spanish knowledge at work and I can't wait to use it when I go to Spain this summer. I'd like to become fluent in Spanish as well as learn several other languages including German and Mandarin Chinese. I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to acquire these languages, but I know they will be fun and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment