Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thanking God for Rainbows

The Lord had gotten kind of mad with His people in general; He said that there was lots of evil and wickedness. However, Noah loved God and had faith in Him, so God was happy with him and decided to save him when the flood came (side note: this kind of reminds me of when a whole class is cheating or doing something wrong and a teacher punishes all of them except for their favorite student. relevant? probably not. a good analogy? of course.). 

So God did His cool stuff and told Noah about how a flood was coming and he needed to build an ark. Noah and his family worked and built this ark in preparation for a pair of every animal to board his boat. And it rained a lot and flooded a lot, too. I mean, Noah didn't come out of his ark until OVER SIX HUNDRED YEARS LATER. The Lord was really pleased with Noah and told him that even though evil comes from childhood and humans, He'd never "curse the ground again". God and Noah then established their covenant, which is probably the coolest part of the story, because it's where God created rainbows. 

Growing up with a Christian background, I've heard this story plenty of times, and it's one that I was always dumbstruck by as a child. How could all of the animals get there? Did they have shuttles for the animals? What about the birds? Was it really necessary that they sit on the boat (they can fly, duh)? How did Noah live without food? AND HOW DID NOAH LIVE THAT LONG? I would get so frustrated when I was younger because it just didn't seem valid, but still super cool.

Honestly, I just Googled 'fascinating animals'. Several really weird pictures later, I found this. Pretty fascinating, I'll say.




To be honest, I'd be more like Lauren Graham thinking that my husband was a crazy wackadoo. But I guess if you're movie-ly married to Steve Carell, it's kind of a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment