Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Tower of Babel

After the flood, the Earth was filled with Noah's descendants. The men migrated to the plains of Shinar and settled, beginning to build a city with a tower that reached the heavens. This tower would be a symbol of their strength and unity. God was all, "Hey, I don't like this." God decided to make the people speak different languages so their communication was severed and the tower couldn't be built. He scattered the people around the world and left the city to weather. I think this was bad sportsmanship on God's part. 

My next language would be Danish. I had to think about this for a minute - I know the basics of Spanish, which would allow me to easily comprehend French. But Danish is a completely different realm. The most difficult part of the Danish language is learning the pronunciation and tone. What you see written in the language sounds completely different when spoken aloud. I also say Danish because I know one sentence - "Jeg elsker dig." It means "I love you." 


No comments:

Post a Comment