Monday, October 7, 2013

Coming to Life

Pygmalion, dissatisfied with the female sex, decided to create a sculpture of ideally the perfect woman. At a the festival for Aphrodite, he prayed “If you gods can give all things, may I have as my wife, I pray one like the ivory maiden.” Aphrodite, showing her favor, then caused the altar's flames to flare up three times and when Pygmalion later returned home, Galatea came to life. They were later blessed with a child whom they named Paphos. Wouldn't this be perfect if we could all create our ideal match and then have them come to life? Maybe, but it would also take a lot out of life. From what I've heard, all the struggle makes it worth it in the end, so I guess if it were just that easy it wouldn't be as special. Although, Pygmalion had his fair share of unhappy situations. 

If I could bring a character to life, it would of course have to be Dr. House. Slightly obsessed and very much in love with the show, Dr. Gregory House is an overall incredible person. Although cynical, he's the best doctor there is and does have his caring moments. 
https://www.house

No comments:

Post a Comment