Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Eternal Youth



Daphne, a nymph who was not interested in love was fallen in love with quite often. Apollo then made fun of Eros and his arrows. Out of spite, Eros shot Apollo with one of his arrow so that he would fall in love with Daphne. He also made sure that she would never love him back by shooting her with an arrow to have the reverse effect. Apollo pursuits her but she, of course, takes no interest. Daphne goes to her father and prays, and he then turns into a laurel tree. However, Apollo makes a wreath out of her leaves because he still loves her. 

Eternal youth? Despite all the perks of being a youth, you're in school constantly and all I want to do right now is to get out. I don't think I could handle eternity while being a youth. I think it would drive me insane knowing that I would never grow old. I'm ready to move on with  my life and start doing things. I'd either want to stay around the age of five forever or grow up because right now, life isn't so grand as a youth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment