Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sodom and Gomorrah

In the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, there was a bunch of sin being committed. So, God decided he was going to destroy the cities (But what really was the reason for this fiery rage? Was it because of what people seem to dwell on, the homosexuality, or because of the other sins, like attempted rape and inhospitable treatment of their visitors? No matter what you believe after reading the verses, I would urge you to look into the differing viewpoints and get a better view of the big picture before making any judgments. I'm not saying that one is absolutely correct, but rather that it's interesting to see the different interpretations that can be drawn from one passage in the Bible). Abraham begged the Lord to find the righteous people who lived in the city and to spare them. Two angels went into the city and led Abraham's nephew, Lot, and his wife and two children out of the city just before God destroyed it. However, Lot's wife disobeyed the angel's orders to run away from the city and not look back and was turned into a pillar of salt when she turn around.
 
source
Growing up, I feel like I always had it really easy with punishments. I guess the biggest reason for this was that I did what I was told and respected my parents. I've never been grounded or had my phone taken away and my parents haven't really ever told me that I'm not allowed to go somewhere or do something that I asked them to do. I think I watched my friends get punished and say that it was unfair, which made me not want to go through that with my own parents. Now, I'm sure I used to get into some trouble when I was younger, but there's nothing major that I can think of. My family tells me that I once threw a seat belt at my sister and cut her face open, but I just can't imagine this sweet angel boy doing that to his loving sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment