Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I love you, Gordo

So, Pygmalion was a sculptor who made a statue called Galatea, and according to Ovid, the narrator, Pygmalion normally wasn't interested in women, but fell in love with Galatea due to her fairness and realism. Pygmalion made his offerings at the altar of Venus and wished that he had a bride like Galatea. When he got home, he kissed his statue and realized that her lips were still warm, and that Venus had granted his wishes and brought Galatea to life. He married his ivory statue and they had a child named Paphos. 



I wasn't really sure what character I'd bring to life, but similar to Adam's, I think I'd bring Gordo from Lizzie McGuire back to life. He was kind of dorky, but he was super cool and sweet. Doesn't everyone want a Gordo?? Well, duh...he always had a crush on Lizzie but was always chill about it because he just wanted to be good friends with her. It think that's pretty respectable (of course, Lizzie liked Gordo, too, so it kind of sucked until they both found out), and they do end up together, so I think it's a win-win. Gordo would be my BFF if he were brought to life. I just really love Gordo.


So sweet.


See? So precious.


I would just hope that my Gordo would help me pretend to be an Italian pop star, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment