Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sodom and Gomorrah

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah were committing a lot of sin so God decided that he needed to get rid of them. He first went to Abraham who treated him nicely and told him his plan. Abraham argued that there may be good men in the city and God should not destroy if it has righteous people.  Following their meeting, two angels went to Sodom and met with Lot. Lot fed them and insisted that they stay at his house for the night. Some men of the city came and demanded to have sex with the angels. Lot tried to negotiate and give them his virgin daughters but they would not listen. The angels told Lot to take his family out of the city and not look back because God was going to destroy it. Lot and his family began to flee and as they left his wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt. Sodom and Gomorrah then burned down due to sulfur rain.

In my house usually all the unfair punishment falls onto me. My parents like to think that if my brother and I get into a disagreement that it’s my fault because I am the older one and need to be responsible. Then, if I try to defend myself then everything just gets a million times worse and I am seen as the one causing all the trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment