Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Trojan Horse

This tale is about the ten-year war between the warriors of Greece and the people of Troy. Prince Paris of Troy had stolen Queen Helen from the Greek's, so the Greeks set forth to fight for their queen. The warriors were tired, so Athene, the goddess of war, composed a brilliant plan. She told Ulysses to build a large wooden horse, put it in the middle of their camp, pretend to leave said camp, and then hide out in the horse until the Trojans' curiosity was uncontrollable. Sure enough, the Trojans were intrigued by the large horse and had it brought to the city. A large paraded ensued as the villagers celebrated freedom from war. Everyone had a grand ol' time, but as the town fell quiet in the night the Greek soldiers climbed out from the horse and killed the Trojans, rescued Queen Helen, and celebrated their own victorious actions.

My dream journey would be to New Zealand. I have always dreamed of exploring the foreign shores and trekking its Alps. As long as I don't have to travel there by wooden horse, I'd imagine I'd be fine. New Zealand is my own personal Terabithia. It's so beautiful, I feel as if it only exists in my daydreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment