Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Garden of Eden Emory P

The first three chapters of genesis are the story of how God created the world in which we live. First God creates light and dark and the sea and land. Soon after, he puts life on our earth. First animals, then humans. God first created a man and then a women to be a companion. God puts Adam and Eve, the man and woman, in the Garden of Eden. They can eat food from any tree accept the tree of good and evil. So naturally, they eat from that tree. This changed the course of history forever because God opened the eyes of humans to see good and evil in that Moment. Adam and Eve were tempted to eat from the tree by the serpent who represents evil, but you can't really blame them- all humans give into temptation. Adam and Eve were just the guinea pigs. We all receive temptations every day( mine is usually chocolate).  I always give in. Whatever I run cross country. Anyways, I'm supposed to talk about origins or something now. Well, we all originate from Adam and Eve, so we should all be able to relate and admit our personal temptations. Maybe even accept them? I know I have. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I keep my 85% dark chocolate right where I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment