Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse

In the Trojan War, the Trojans and the Greeks are fighting at the city of Troy. The Trojans are inside of the city, protected by a wall, while the Greek army, which Odysseus is a part of, is right outside of the city. Odysseus devises a plan to get Greek men into the city so that they can attack the Trojans, which calls for a huge wooden horse to be built and sent inside the walls of the city. They leave the horse outside of Troy as a gift and pretend to sail away. The Trojans bring the horse inside the city and are celebrating their victory when Greek soldiers that were hiding inside of the horse come out and attack the city, ending the Trojan War.
source
This is going to sound extremely cliché, but I like to think that my life has been and continues to be a journey. Over my seventeen and a half years, I've faced a great amount of struggles, achieved my share of successes, and learned countless life lessons. I face new challenges every day and I look forward to seeing where this journey will take me. With college on the horizon, I know that it's about to take off in some new, unknown direction, and I can't wait to find out just where I will go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment