Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sibling Rivalry

Cain and Abel are Eve's two sons. Abel, a shepherd, and Cain, a farmer, bring offers to God. Abel impresses God with his offerings, which causes Cain to become envious and ends up killing Abel. God knew what Cain had done to Abel, which led to him becoming cursed. Regardless of how much it rained, or how much Cain worked the field, he would never again yield crops.

My brother and I have a "weird" relationship. We rarely see each other, let alone speak to each other, not because we hate each other, but because we are always going in opposite directions. When I am home he isn't or he has gone to bed, and when he is home, I am not. When we were younger we fought all the time simply because we are very different people. He would play the sweet-innocent younger child card and never get the blame. The source of most of our arguments stemmed from him wanted to use his of rescue heros instead of Ken when we played Barbies. As we have grown up, we see less of each other which has actually brought us closer. My brother and dad naturally drifted towards each other because of sports, and my mom and I have always done dance, so we don't fight over the title of "favorite child." We still have our arguments and its generally me getting mad at him for getting water all over the bathroom floor, but I know we both love and care about each other. We just can't effectively live together.


No comments:

Post a Comment