Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cain and Abel

Cain was the first child of Adam and Eve and he was a farmer. Abel was the second younger son who was the shepherd of the flock. Cain gave up an offering of some of his fruits and Abel presented the Lord with some of the fat parts of the firstborn in his flock. God was pleased with Abel's offering but did not favor Cain's, so Cain was angry and envious of Abel. He took Abel out to the field and killed him. When God found out, he punished Cain by saying that his fields will not yield any crops anymore and he will be a hopeless wanderer of the Earth. The Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

source
This story makes me appreciate the relationship that I have with my sister. We've always gotten along and we rarely ever argue about anything. Even though it makes for a boring blog post, I know it's a good thing that I can't think of any big conflict that we've had with each other. I have seen other sibling relationships that aren't at a level that's anywhere close to the one ours is at, and that makes me value our bond even more. I will forever be grateful for being blessed with such an amazing big sister and I try to never take that for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment