Thursday, September 19, 2013

blog now working, Cain and Abel

Adam and Eve bear two sons in this chapter of Genesis, Cain and then Abel. Cain and Abel both brought offerings to God from their work on the ground and with livestock, but God only accepted Abel's gift. This infuriated Cain and he killed his brother. That went on to anger God. God punished Cain for the murder of his brother by making his life like a fugitive- hard and never-ending. Then a generation of men and women came from Cain and his wife.

This story of course reminded me of my little brother, although I would never actually hurt him. He is the little one so when he does something well, he gets all the attention. Sometimes he even does things better than me, just like Abel showed up Cain. This makes me extremely pissed off, so I can totally understand Cain's anger. I think this just shows the typical relationship with siblings- the older sibling does not want to lose to the younger. However, the story teaches older siblings a lesson. I believe God is trying to tell us to support and be proud of our family and friends' accomplishments instead of being jealous and mad.



preschoolsforall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment