Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gendersis

I hate to be a raging feminist, but...i actually don't. So here I go. This horrible application of the tale of Adam and Eve to prove that women are evil and silly has only been brought up to me a few times. I haven't much fury associated with it because for the most part, the men I know have enough sense to not believe it (or to not tell me). I can't help but ponder, however, the stupidity and suspicion that must be intertwined with this theory. How jealous of the woman's rise in society must a man be to genuinely believe in this?
Why Genesis was written portraying the woman as the wrongdoer, I am not sure. Maybe misogyny was equally as rampant B.C. Whatever the reason, finding any "justification" of racism, sexism, etc. from the bible is sacrilege to the fullest and it is why I have turned my head from modern christianity of this type.

No comments:

Post a Comment