Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Brothers' Keeper

The story of Cain and Abel is the classic story of sibling rivalry. As a blog post that is sort of in the middle of the pack, I'm guessing you've probably read at least 10-15 summaries of this story, so I will recount only the most major elements while adding blahs in between for comedic effect.

Adam and Eve have two sons named Cain and Abel blah blah blah gifts to God blah blah blah sheep and crappy veggies blah blah blah Cain gets jealous blah kills Abel blah blah "Am I my brother's keeper?" blah blah "Yes, you ass." blah blah blah vagabond existence blah Land of Nod. 

I have always felt a connection to this story because I have three younger brothers and a younger sister, and, being the oldest, I have always felt more than a little responsible for them. However, I do not believe that there is much sibling rivalry between me and my brothers, and, while my sister does enjoy one-upping me whenever possible, there is nothing aggressive or mean-spirited about it. I think that this is because of the age differences and our own unique successes in academic and athletic areas. When not at school, I spend the majority of my time with my family, so I'm not sure what I would do if we fought all the time. 

What I do with my siblings


No comments:

Post a Comment