Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse



The infmaous story of Oysseus and the Trojan Horse takes place during theTrojan Wars between the Greeks and the Trojans. The Trojans are protected in the walled city of Troy, and the Greeks need to find a way into the city. Odysseus makes a plan to invade by building a giant horse of wood that all but one person will hide inside. The Greeks agree on Odysseus’ idea and build the giant horse. They leave one man out of the horse who pretends to be a traitor to the Greek military and states that the Greek army made it as a gift and if the Trojans would take it into their castle, they would please the gods. The Trojans bring in the horse and begin to celebrate. Since the Trojans were drunk from celebrating it made it easy for the hidden Greek soldier to kill and enslave the town.

My family loves to spend our money on travel. I've been to many places before in and outside of the country; however, I think my dream journey wouldn't be another fancy trip. I want to become a doctor when I am older (specifically a pediatric oncologist), and my dream has always been to participate in the Doctors Without Borders program. I think it would be so cool to travel the world while healing people simultaneously. I've never been anywhere past Europe, so it would be a fun adventure. Hopefully, this will all work out and I will be able to participate in the program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment