Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cain and Abel

Eve gives birth to two sons, Cain and Abel. Abel is a sheep herder and Cain is a farmer. The two brothers bring their offerings to God; Cain brings fruits found on the ground, a lame contribution, while Abel offers both the firstlings of his flock and their fat portions. Cain is enraged at his brother's superior offerings to God, so he takes him out into the field and kills him there. Cain is cursed by God for his wrongdoings.


Luckily, I can address this prompt with ease. I do have a sibling and I do have conflicts with him. I think he's had a permanent grudge against my existence - after all, he was a little boy that wanted a little boy brother but instead found himself with a little girl sister. He was mad because I wouldn't play Power Ranger's with him, I was mad because he wouldn't play Barbie Dolls with me. As we grew up, we always had something to be upset about - "He ate my candy! I hate him!"Now that we're older, we keep the bickering to the minimum. I'd never kill my brother for giving a better gift, but that's okay; I bring the better gift anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment