Sunday, March 9, 2014

Villanelle

While "The Waking" was my favorite poem, I thought "Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night" had the best form of villanelle. The stanza form, repetition, and rhymes were all very clear and concise. I thought this poem had to do with strength and stamina, as it asks to learn and though times may not always be easy, to fight and don't just disappear. I think by saying "do not go gentle into that good night" merely means do not fade away and diminish what you have created for yourself. Everything should come together and believing in something creates a strong passion that is worth standing up for. I believe this poem's message is to always take mistakes as they come and help them to make you a stronger, better person and to never back down from a challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment