Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Villanelle

In "one art" she did a good job obviously keeping in the rules of a villanelle but I like it better because there was more stuff around it. It had alliteration in the lines that ended with "disaster". Also it used caesuras and encampment that added to the flow of the poem. It made it more enjoyable and easier to read with an even tempo. Then the meaning of the poem is nice too, it tells us that losing things is just a part of life and we shouldn't dwell on it. Kind if like don't cry over spilled milk in a way. I also like the first poem a lot too, it is one of the few poems that I actually enjoy. But that is just something I wanted to throw into this post to make it a little longer because I'm not sure exactly what I should be saying right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment