Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sonnet

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/wife-to-be-petrarchan-sonnet/

"Wife To Be" by Mark R Slaughter

This is a Petrarchan sonnet. The turn is in the 9th line, and it follows the Petrarchan rhyme scheme to a t. It helps the sonnet because at the beginning before the turn, he is disappointed that the girl he proposed to turned him down. But after the turn with the CDE CDE rhyme scheme, he realizes that there are many women out there for him, he just needs to get off his ass and out of depression and go look for one. He basically realizes that the girl that turned him down must be tuna, (because thats an awful fish to eat and smells horrible and that girl was horrible), and the girl after must be a lobster, because he wants to crack her open if ya know what I mean. I chose this sonnet because I googled cool sonnets and read a couple, but I liked the imagery on this one and knew that I could make horrible jokes related to fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment