Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sestina revised

Define Soon

Oh yes! They're here!
The results are out,
and I was ready to play,
but now you have to pack up
and go away?
You promise you will be back soon.

Except, define soon.
When will You be here?
How long are You away?
My patience are running out,
and it won't be long until I'm fed up.
Don't play

Around. All your plays
are getting old and all too soon
I'll give up
but still all I want is you here.
All Your looking for is an out,
somewhere far away...

You say it's better that You're away,
but I'll never stop analyzing your plays
because I know our time hasn't run out
yet. But soon,
there will be nothing of you left here.
It's not up

to You, nor up
to me, it's for the people far away
and the people here
to decided if You can come back to play.
Pay attention, soon
their decisions will be out.

Oh yes! They're out!
You must pack up,
and come home soon.
Your time away
has been too long and they're sick of your play,
so they send you back here.

Come back and put your things away,
I'm tired of waiting here and watching you there,
I must play now because all too soon you will be gone again.


No comments:

Post a Comment