Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sestina

I raise my head toward the sky looking between the swaying trees toes are dancing in the grass I move between the shapes of shade my hair is caught up in the breeze my mind wanders with the sounds. The bird listens to the sounds and circles above in the sky its wings take hold of the breeze its nest is tucked within the trees the eggs are resting in the shade as the bird hops around in the grass. The worm crawls below the grass (I don't think it can hear sounds) (it probably doesn't mind the shade) (I wonder if it longs to see the sky or to crawl up in the limbs of the trees) (I hope the worm enjoys the breeze?) The chicken clucks with every breeze and happily pecks amongst the grass (Maybe it wishes to climb trees or even just enjoy the sounds) he runs happily under the sky and pecks for food in and out of the shade. The cat is curled up in the shade. Her whiskers flicker from the breeze her kittens look up to squint at the sky she plays with birds in the grass and her ears are turned in to the sounds of birds chattering in the trees. A horse takes shelter by the trees and naps amongst the shade he listens for other horse sounds and neighs with each breeze, munching on the grass underneath the sky. All of the trees move with the breeze Animals nap in the shade of the grass and fall asleep in the sounds under the sky. I made revisions in order to fix awkward sentences and to make the understanding more clear. I was trying to go for an image of nature and the different things that happen all at once, humans and birds and all of the animals in between. I changed words to try to show a more peaceful tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment