Thursday, March 20, 2014

Still a Scroggin

If you ask me what my last name is, I'll say Scroggin.
I have a wonderful mother named Marta,
my father that's raised me well is Brad,
my cool brother's name is Brandon,
my sweet sister is named Shelby,
and my baby boy brother is Sloan.

I was seven years old for the birth of Sloan.
It was then that there became six of the Scroggins.
The one who became a big sister on that day was Shelby
and everyone came to help and comfort Marta,
who was still very kind to everyone, including Brandon,
the new big brother and he comforted the new again father, Brad.

We were raised on the principles of hard work, thanks to Brad,
who is still diligently training Sloan.
The one who gets most frustrated is Brandon,
but he doesn't understand that this is what makes him a Scroggin.
One of these situations goes badly when Marta
checks Infinite Campus and takes the phone from Shelby.

We're all pretty weird, but the weirdest is Shelby,
followed by my dance-loving father, Brad.
The one who tries to calm them down is Marta,
but then again, we all know the oddest is Sloan.
Simply being weird is a characteristic of being a Scroggin,
though the one who's most normal of all is Brandon.

Tonight was a good night, as well all went to see Brandon,
working hard at Fazoli's when Shelby
decided it would be funny to get every Scroggin
in the restaurant to make a joke to him at the register, though Brad
was a little angry at that. Sloan,
always the kiss up, didn't do it, simply to impress Marta.

Though kiss ups never impressed her, Marta
didn't want to hurt the feelings of Brandon,
and who was happiest at all of this? Sloan,
the goody two shoes who Shelby
makes fun of and then Brad
chastises, but I guess that's all part of being a Scroggin.

I wouldn't change my family for anything in the world, as the Scroggin family has many weird things,
but the compilation of the funny marriage of Brad and Marta, combined with me and three other kids,
Brandon, Shelby, and Sloan, is what makes our family so doggone odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment