Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sestina revision

My first attempt was garbage so I'm having another go 
At writing a sestina with meaning 
That hopefully has evidence if talent 
Which is hard to do
When all I can think 
Of is my future that is coming 

Yes, winter is going and spring is coming 
And I know where I want to go 
My future is all I can think 
About, meaning 
I'm royally screwed if we must do
stuff requiring thought or talent 

Because talent 
Comes hard if something is coming 
That's why I can't do 
So well and allow myself to go
Digging for deeper meanings
I guess I didn't think 

About my future until now but I think
It will require some talent 
So I guess I'll be fine then, meaning
Nothing better is coming 
I'll have no where to go 
That will distract me from what I must do

Right now I can't do 
Anything except think
Of where I will go 
But after spring break! And college! Where shall I use my talent
Some job where nothing better is coming 
"NO" I keep saying, meaning 

I must keep yearning for a future with meaning 
And more fun things to do 
Maybe I'll have a family coming 
And friends that think
Like me. And still the future will destroy my talent
Because I will still have places to go 

And friends and family to go 
See! That won't care about my talent 
And the things I'll look forward too will be much sweeter than spring break or college .... I think 

I know this was supposed to be a revision but we all know there was no salvaging my first attempt so this one was attempt number two. At first I seemed to be going to a depressing place so I tried to turn it around by the end. I think the format is right and I know it has much more meaning than the first try. 





No comments:

Post a Comment