Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sestina

This is a poem about some of the things that I love,
Like being with my family and friends,
Or sometimes just being by myself.
I love my little wiener dog
And my big, comfy bed.
But, most of all, I love being happy.

Writing about all of the things that I love makes me happy.
But some people don’t have things that they love.
Some people don’t have a bed.
Some people don’t have friends.
Some people don’t have a wiener dog.
I just brought sadness upon myself.

Why did I do that to myself?
This poem is supposed to be happy!
Okay, back to thinking about my wiener dog
And all of the other things I love.
I’m thinking about laughing with my friends
And hiding beneath the covers of my bed.

I’m currently sitting in my bed,
Writing all by myself,
Away from distractions like Netflix and group texts with friends.
The quiet makes me happy.
Tonight, I hope I’ll dream about love,
Or maybe just my cute wiener dog.

Even though she smells, I love my wiener dog.
Even though it creaks, I love my bed.
I fill my heart and soul with this love
And it’s hard to keep the feeling inside of myself,
Because, like Pharrell says, I’m happy
And I want to share this feeling with you, my friends.

Well, it’s time to wrap this up, friends.
One last thought of my wiener dog.
One last boost of being happy.
One last dream of my warm bed.
One last minute all to myself.
And finally, one last stanza about love:

Yes, my friends and bed are great,
And loving my wiener dog makes me happy,
But in order to love all of these things, I must first truly love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment