Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Jacob and Esau

Jacob and Esau were the sons of Issac and Rebekah (fun fact: they were the first twins mentioned in the bible); Esau, the eldest son, was a skilled hunter and Issac's favorite, and Jacob was more quiet and "stayed amoung the tents"…whatever that means. Anywasys, one day Esau went hunting and when he came back, he was craving some of Jacob's lentil soup. Jacob saw this as an opportunity, and told Esau that the only way he would be able to have the soup is if he traded he birthright--the right the firstborn son gets, double the inheritance--for it. Esau stupidly traded his birthright, his God-given blessing, for a moment of physical weakness. So annoying.
I am the first of three girls, so I gots all the birthrights!!!!!! Just kidding. I really don't have any birthrights, maybe I get all the new stuff, but that's about it. My parents even told us that when they die, we don't get a cent…it all goes to "chairty". Ugh, maybe they'll dontate to my shoe fund, I barely get by! But, short story, even being the oldest doesn't have any adantages..no birthrights for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment