Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jacob and Esau

God tells Abraham's wife that she's going to have two sons who will represent two nations. Esau is born first, then along comes Jacob, clinging on to his brother's heel. While Esau grows to be an outgoing hunter, Jacob is quiet and smart. After a long day of hunting, Esau came home very hungry, and Jacob said he would give Esau food if Jacob could have the rights of a firstborn. And for some reason Esau was so hungry he agreed. But Esau was blessed as the firstborn anyway, so Jacob dressed up like him so he could get the blessing.


I'm not just the youngest child in my direct family, I'm the youngest of all my cousins too. So the stereotypical birthright of the youngest child is to be spoiled and babied. I wouldn't say this is too terribly true in my case. That's probably because I was a complete bully to my older brother when we were little, so everyone felt bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment