Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jacob and Esau

Isaac and Rebekah have twins named Jacob and Esau. Esau is born first and turns out to be a very skilled hunter and the favorite of his father. Jacob, the younger of the two brothers, is more quiet and reserved. One day, Esau comes back from hunting and wants some of the stew that Jacob is making. Jacob says that he will give Esau some stew in exchange for his birthright. Esau agrees and gives up his sacred birthright for a simple meal. Rebekah and Jacob trick Isaac into giving his blessing to Jacob instead of Esau.

source
Being the younger of two children, there's not really any great birthright that I have. I guess I've just been able to grow up with my sister's influence, which is a pretty awesome one. I'd say that I can learn from her mistakes, but there really haven't been that many. I think this has been really good for me because my parents trust her and, in turn, trust me as well. Maybe that means my birthright is to be able to do most of the things that I want to do because of that trust. Whatever it is, I'm thankful that I have it, as well as my sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment