Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jacob and Esau

Isaac prayed to God that his wife, Rebekah, would become pregnant. His prayer was answered and she became pregnant with twins. When she felt the twins moving she asked God why she was feeling this way. He told her that she had two nations inside her and when they were born they would separate and one would be stronger than the other. When the twins were born they were named Esau and Jacob. Esau became a hunter and Jacob stayed at home. One day when Esau came home while Jacob was making stew. Esau demanded to have stew but Jacob told him only if he would sell him his birthright. Esau didn't care about his birthright and sold it to him. After he ate his stew he left.

I'm the oldest of two kids in my family and my birthright is to set a good example for my brother and be responsible. My parents hold me to a higher standard than my brother and expect me to be more mature.


Prime example: this kid is expected to keep his brother from choking...




No comments:

Post a Comment