Monday, November 18, 2013

Tower of Babel

After the great flood in the bible, the earth was filled with Noah's descendants. In the plans of Shinar, the descendants decided to build a tower that would reach the heavens. It would be called the tower of Babel, and it would symbolize strength and unity. However, God did not agree with this plan. So, he decided to make everybody working on the tower speak different languages, making it impossible to communicate and extremely difficult to build the tower. So, the tower didn't work out and the people had to move on. I currently know Spanish and English, and for my next language I would love to French because it's so beautiful. France is one of my favorite places I've ever been, and I know I will be going back in the future. I need to know my French to do some expert shopping in Paris:) It would be a fun and pretty language to know. However, it would be useful for me to learn a bit of Thai before next summer. I will be there for a few weeks, and it would be amazing to be able to communicate. I'm sure I will learn a few words before I head off, but it would be cool to learn the whole language someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment