Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Fox and the Crow

The story of Echo and Narcissus reminds me a lot of Aesop's classic fable- the Fox and the Crow. Probably because they are similar. Maybe that's why it reminds me of that story; because there is a clear connection. These stories are similar. I can't remember what happens, but the Fox is at one point entranced by his own reflection and might (if my memory does not fail me) have jumped in to find his love, only to become wet and sad.
Actually, I am growing less and less confident that this story was the same as the Fox and the Crow at all. What I am thinking of had noting to do with the Fox convincing a Crow to drop a bit of food. As a matter of fact maybe it was a dog, not a fox. Dogs are usually portrayed as goofy rather than sly. It was probably a dog.
Sometimes me and my friends discuss a hypothetical situation in which you had in your reach a clone of yourself. Like not robotic, but in between a clone and a twin I suppose. Anyway, the question is; would it be narcissistic to have sex with them? Or would it be necessary psychological experimentation given the opportunities for unmatched scientific advancement? #questionoftheyear

No comments:

Post a Comment