Monday, November 18, 2013

Pygmalian and Galatea

The story of Pygmalian and Galatea begins with Pygmalian's task a as sculptor to create the most beautiful young girl the world has ever seen. She is so beautiful that Pgymalian actually falls in love with her. He clothes her and gives her beautiful jewels to wear. Eventually, he prays to the Gods to bring his statue to life. Aphrodite answers his wish and turns the statue into a real person. Her name is Galatea. Pygmalian and Galatea marry and have a son named Paphos. I can completely understand Pygmalian's problem; it's easy to fall in love with something you create. I fall in love with characters I read about in books/TV shows all the time. If I could bring any fictional character to life, it would be Derek Shepard from Grey's Anatomy. I'm slightly obsessed. He is so beautiful and wonderful. He is an extremely insightful doctor, and I think it would be amazing to work with(or marry) him. Don't make fun of me, if you watched the show you would understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment