Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I probably talk too much too

So, Hera curses a "talkative nymph" so that she could only speak the last few words of what other people said. When Echo sees Narcissus chasing deer, she falls in love with him. Narcissus, though, after seeing her, rejects her love and of course, like any heart-broken talkative girl is, Echo's pretty upset. So she prays to Aphrodite and disappears, but is heard by all. Narcissus sees his reflection in a pond and falls in love with himself, echoing all of the things that other people admire him for. Then, his body is gone and a flower is its place.

You know, I really can't think of many people that stand out as narcissistic. I think that everyone has a little bit of narcissism in them, but some people have it on different levels. But the first person that I thought of was Donald Trump. I appreciate confidence, but he seems to believe that he has the answer to absolutely everything. He does have a lot going for him, but I highly doubt that he can solve every one of our nation's problems. It's whatevs.


Look, this is the cheesiest example out there, I know that. But when I think of people who do things without needing recognition and are completely selfless, I think of my grandmother. She's not only one of the coolest people I know, but is one of the people in my life and in the lives of others that's completely set on helping other people and living her life for and through Christ, and I think that she's a pretty altruistic person. She's one of my favorite people in the world.


(Enjoy 8th grade Meredith and 5th grade Shelby)

No comments:

Post a Comment