Monday, November 4, 2013

Conceited Much?

To get straight to the point, Echo, a nymph, falls in love with Narcissus, a human. She proceeds to pine over Narcissus until her body withers away and only her voice is left. Narcissus isn't that into Echo and drinks out of a small pond. When Narcissus sees his reflection in the water of the pool he falls hopelessly in love. Not with Echo, and not with someone else. He falls in love with himself. Narcissus starves himself to death waiting by the pond staring at his reflection. Not the cutest love story ever. At least a pretty flower sprouted in his place. However, I am not the most tolerant of the conceited. I don't have a particular person in mind that I dislike very strongly, but rather a genre of people. I cannot deal with shallow people or arrogance. Does. Not. Work. It's my pet peeve and I don't get upset thaaat easily, but man, when I come in contact with these people...not my finest moments. While I never lash out, I do become somewhat crabby for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment