Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Abraham and Isaac

Abraham has a son named Isaac. God decides he wants to test Abraham's faith, and demands that Isaac be sacrificed. Abraham travelled 50 miles to a mountain where he was supposed to kill Isaac as an offering. As Abraham was about to stab his only child to death, an angel popped out telling him to stop because he had shown his fatih by getting this far. God blessed Abraham and his descendants.

Every time I do one of these blogs it shows me what an ass God is. I've literally never read the Bible and when I read it for these assignments, I don't understand how anyone could follow it like it was sacred. If you want to, go for it, but it literally makes zero sense to me.

True sacrifice sadly happens all the time. Innocent men, women, and children are murdered or assaulted daily. While some people may argue that "everything happens for a reason" and that "they're in a better place now", I think it's just downright horrible and there's no way to justify it or make it better.


No comments:

Post a Comment