Monday, November 18, 2013

Echo and Narcissus

Echo is a very chatty, talkative woman, like me, that helped Zeus with his marital affairs. Soon though, his current wife found out and was not too happy. She puts a curse on Echo that made her only be able to repeat the words of others. She could never speak her own thoughts. This is where we get the word echo. Soon, Echo falls in love with a man named Narcissus who doesn't love her back. He wants nothing to do with her. Then, poor Echo dies alone and depressed. Narcissus continues to be cruel in the rest of his life. Well, somebody gets fed up. A maiden wishes on him a life of love with no returning affection. Artemis granted this wish, and made Narcissus fall in love with himself. This drove Narcissus crazy and he eventually killed himself. I know for a fact that I have no narcissists in my life. I make it point to avoid anybody I consider a narcissist. I don't allow those people into my life because I don't need that negativity. I don't make relationships with anybody that could be bad news because I have such good instincts. I pride myself on the fact that I keep narcissists out of my life. I respect myself too much to allow myself to be friends with somebody who is a negative nelly.

1 comment:

  1. A negative Nelly? I've never heard my name used in vain before!

    ReplyDelete