Monday, November 18, 2013

Daphne and the Laurel wreth

Daphne was a beautiful woman that was more interested in hunting then pursuing men. Which of course, made all men lust after her. There was a man named Eros who was very angry at Apollo for doubting his arrows, so he shot Apollo with an arrow that made him fall in love with Daphne. Apollo tried to chase her, but she ran away. One day, when Apollo was close to finding her, Daphne prayed to turn into a laurel tree to avoid him. Those are pretty extreme measures if you ask me. When she turned into a tree, Apollo was still in love with her. So, he wore a laurel wreath around his head, and the wreath eventually became the symbol for Apollo. Now, as for eternal youth, bring it on. Wrinkles scare me, so I'm all for it. Wrinkles are actually one of my biggest fears. I could do all the things I love to do without worrying about being too old for them. I personally love this idea. As long as all my friends have eternal youth as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment