Monday, November 18, 2013

Abraham and Issac

Abraham is blessed with one son named Issac whom he loves very much. God wants to test how much Abraham loves him,and wants to find out if he loves Isaac or the Lord himself more. He orders Abraham to go up the mountain and make a sacrifice. I really don't like this story....it makes me very sad. Anyways, Abraham takes Issac and some servants on his journey, but when they reach the final mountain, he has the servants wait behind. He and Issac make the final trek up the hill, and Issac wonders where the sacrifice is.(it's supposed to be a lamb) Abraham says that God will provide the sacrifice, but Abraham is left with his one and only son to sacrifice. Right before he is about to kill his own son, God provides them with a lamb because God realized that Abraham loved him more. As a result, God blesses Abraham's family for may generations. This is the one bible story I don't like- it freaks me out. Obviously I don't have children, but there is no way in hell I would sacrifice my best friend, boyfriend, or family members for God's approval. Sorry. I know God still loves me. I know there have been many stories of people making extreme sacrifices to save somebody else-maybe even somebody they don't know, but I don't want to talk about a particular story. They are all amazing. I want to talk about my mom. I know how much my mom loves me, and I know she would make any sacrifice in the world for my brother and me. She makes me feel very loved. Just knowing that she would do anything for me makes me realize how lucky I am to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment