Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Poetry Post 4

Wherever You Will Go by Charlene Soraia

I wasn't sure which song I was going to use, until I was watching solos for my little kids and this happened to be one of the songs. I find myself thinking of a broken relationship not because of cheating or a break up, but because of a death. In the song, the singer says "can bring me back to you" and that to me means that at some point the two will be reunited, but in the mean time the living one, would do anything and everything to stay with the other. In the first verse love is personified in the lyrics "you'll need love/ to light the shadows on your face," meaning that even in Heaven or whatever post death area of life we as humans still need live in our lives. At another point the singers says "if I could," as if to say that I want to be with you but I can't, but at the same time she questions, "Could you make it on your own? The verse "if a great wave shall fall/ it'd fall upon us all/ and between the sand and stone/ could you make it on your own?" is also repeated in the song, which represents that while she is doing everything to stay with the other person, if something were to happen, would the other be okay? Finally the phrase "I'll go wherever you will go" is repeated a number of times showing that the singer is willing to work towards being with that person for all of eternity.




No comments:

Post a Comment