Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Loooove

I love e.e. cummings a lot, so I picked 'somewhere I have never travelled, gladly beyond' and really loved it. It goes into a relationship and has a very mysterious tone to it. The different types of punctuation (I mean, I know that's what he did, but it still adds to the effect) and parentheses are important to the mystery and suspense of the poem. It tends to be a lot more vague than the other poem I chose.

I really liked 'Measure' by Zareh Khrakhouni because it seemed so much more understandable and had a clear meaning. It talks about the relationship between two people that love each other a lot and are arguing about who loves the other more. It shows a lot of passion and love between two people and it makes sense. It goes through a few details of their relationship and I really like it.

I feel like I relate more to the e.e. cummings poem because, well, I don't really have anyone to 'measure' up with and it's not something that's been a thing.

 
Also, this is a great picture of the mysterious e.e cummings, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment