Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Poetry 3

My two poems are "Love is not all" by Edna St. Vincent Millay and "Weighing the Dog" by Bill Collins.
"Love is not all" is a kind of sad poem. She seems to be a person that had their heart broken at some point. She tries to say that love is not that important. However by the end of the poem she almost seems to admit to herself that love very important and especially more important than she cracked it up to be. 

"Weighing the Dog" is all about a different type of love. It is more about partnership than the kind of love that Millay talks about. The man and the dog work together to try and weigh the dog. Without one another the whole thing would be impossible. They need eachother for this task just as I am sure they need eachother in all aspects of life. 

I relate to the dog one much more. I have never been in love with a person but I do live my dogs so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment